Makeup for older women with glasses is a slippery slope.
On one hand, glasses are more than just an accessory. They enable sight.
But on the other hand, the optometric power of eyeglasses can reduce or enlarge your eyes, wrinkles around the eyes, and all desirable as well as undesirable traits of aging in unflattering ways.
Another factor in this equation is the introduction of eyelid sagging. It turns the most open and expressive of eyes into heavy hooded peepers that just don’t look as attractive as before. You might even begin to wonder - is eye makeup for hooded eyes with glasses a thing? How to get around this massive issue!
Don’t fret.. These are the ultimate tips for mature eye makeup with glasses.
Q: Can People With Glasses Wear Makeup?
You just need to hit the right note with your routine:
- Proper enhancement of lashes with a mascara that won’t sweat and stain behind your specs.
- A pair of well-groomed brows that frame the face and give the spectacles something to anchor against.
- The right texture and shade of eyeshadow
- The right eyeliner technique (Don’t follow the natural shape of your eyelid. You’ll only exaggerate the hooded look. Instead, opt for a flick that’s raised).
With that out of the way, dive straight in.
1. Do Not Wear Too Much Foundation
This is important, make sure to apply a reasonable amount of foundation to the nose area. The thicker the layer of your foundation, the more noticeable marks, scuffs, and dents the nose pads and bridge of your glasses might leave. Makeup professionals suggest using only leftovers for the nose area. Also choose more matte products, as glasses sit on your nose and they tend to slip around and rub off some of the makeup from there.